Guardavanti is looking for a Livelihood expert (Assistant Project Officer) in Kenya
Guardavanti for the Future of Children is a non-profit organization and NGO active in cooperation for development, integration of cultures and constructive coexistence in solidarity, promoting equitable and sustainable growth.
We are active in Italy with global citizenship education projects, in Zambia in the education sector, in Burkina Faso with WaSH and financial assistance projects and in Kenya with a new coastal development project.
Location: Kenya – Kilifi district
Duration: 18/24 months with the opportunity to be prolonged to 36 months – the project will end by august 2025
Salary: to be defined based on previous experiences
The livelihood expert (Assistant project officer) will follow the project activities managed by Guardavanti and facilitate the coordination with and between all project players, including government representatives, NGOs, other service providers, and local communities’ groups.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- The LE will supervise, in coordination with the Program Manager, local project teams in different areas of the Kilifi district, ensuring the development and implementation of quarterly, monthly and weekly implementation plans;
- The LE will organize training courses for eco-sustainable agricultural activities;
- The LE will organize and carry out activities to locally promote sustainable tourism initiatives;
- The LE will prepare communication and fund-raising content to be used by GA office in Italy;
- The LE will develop a local network for the organization (local registration of the NGO and administrative duties) and provide on side assistance for field activities and missions involving Guardavanti volunteers and members;
- The LE will help Guardavanti in developing its local strategies for the future.
- Academic studies in Development, Economics, International Relations, Social Sciences (education, anthropology, sociology…);
- Excellent knowledge of Ms. Office package;
- Fluent in English.
- Previous working experience in Project Management (1 year or more) in community involvement/community development projects and/or information management;
- Experience in coordinating community-based activities;
- Experience in purchasing and tender;
- Experience in coordinating surveys and regular data collection;
- Previous experience in Kenya.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 17/10/2022