Every year during Christmas, GuardAvanti is present in some partner shops all over Italy to wrap gifts bought by its clients. Since 2013, we have employed and given the opportunity to participate in trainings to more than 170 people (chosen from the most vulnerable classes of the labour force).
We provide on-site training, training courses and offer a short-term job to young people, women and unemployed people over 40 years old.
After 2016 we also work with two high schools (one in Rome and the other in Milan) structuring the students’ path between school and work during this Christmas fundraising campaign.
- Organize free training courses on commercial work and guide young people when searching for work, for instance on the techniques that should be considered when writing a resumè and how to present it, how to attend a job interview explaining what criteria are used when choosing a candidate.
- Offer 2 to 3 weeks of paid work during the Christmas fundraising campaign “Fiocchi di solidarietà”, in which the selected candidate is assigned a tutor of GuardAvanti to guide him and help the candidate put in practice what he has learnt during the training course.
- Provide reference letters and participation certificates
- Reached over 170 people from Bolzano to Catania in 5 years
- Around 87% of the participants have found a job in a year